Re: 164 S dents.

Bruce (and others interested), you do NOT want the "L" springs.
They are too weak to hold up that airfoil. You can get "S"
springs from Alfa Romeo for about $30 a pair.

I used "L" hinges and now my trunk lid is "lifted" nearest the
rear windscreen. See if AR has the hinges for the "S" springs.
This will save you some grief or added expense having them rebent
to the correct angle.

You also must reweld the previously poorly spot welded mounting
plate (which rotates) to the body panel mounting area or you'll
still have a problem, cause that's where the failure is
occurring.

To join the 164 Airfoil Registry send me your 164S' VIN number
and manufacture date. It's a free service (what little service we
do provide!). Color of ext/int is optional.

Best of luck, and welcome to this very elite club,
Bernardo

End of alfa-digest V7 #867