164 Door handle - which one is failing...possible answer

The handle that failed on my car was the drivers side.  Because my handle had
only bent slightly it would function normally making it difficult to decide
which door to look at first.

I noticed that it stood proud of the "normal" closed position when compared
to the rear door.  You had to force it down manually to its normal position
(this would also allow me to lock the doors).

Look at your handles, one may be lifted slightly and this could be the bad
handle.

Steven Silverstein