Re: Stupid 164 Question

Stephen:
There are no stupid questions.

Since the 1960's Alfa headlight controls have been through a stalk on the
steering column. Twist anti-clockwise (Left Hand Drive cars I have no experience
with RHD) one click for parking lights and a second for headlights.

The high and low beams are selected by raising and lowering the head light stalk
(watch for the indicator on the dash on early cars as Italian regulations had a
setup which the Alfa Owner showed how to alter to a more US logical pattern and
you may not be able to tell without a note in the owners manual if your car has
been modified) There is also a flash the headlights feature made by pulling the
headlight lever toward you.  With the Milano things changed and you push in a
button at the end of the headlight stalk to select high beams. In the 164 you
push the lever away from you. I have no experience with late spiders and don't
know what mods have been to the headlight controls.

If you own a 164 and don't have a manual there are lots of other neat things the
car will do that are outlined or at least hinted at in the owner's manual.

Good Luck
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX