Re: Milano headliners

>My recommendation however is remove the headliner and drop it off at an
>upholstery shop for a non-amateur repair.  Of course dropping the car off
>with the upholstery shop may be the preferred method for some owners.
>
>Ken Stevenson               Dallas, Texas

I agree with Ken's recommendation.  It takes a while to do, but it doesn't
cost much to get a very nice replacement headliner that will last for quite
a while.  Take it out, remove all the plastic overhead control consoles,
brush off all the old glue and foam that has turned to dust, and let an
upholstery shop install the new liner.  It is well worth the effort.  As
Ken pointed out, everything except for the mirror is straight forward.  For
the mirror you just need to grab it and pull down and towards you very
hard.  To get the headliner out of the door just recline the passenger
seat.  You can remove all the clips holding the overhead consoles with a
couple of screwdrivers.  To install the mirror the handle end of a hammer
works well to pop it into place.

Marc