death of A/C with a bang

Not seeing any response re: the loud bang from under the hood and the
failure of the A/C a reader recently posted I have a theory.  Most
likely you have blown a hi-pressure hose on the system.  This could have
been a result of a clogged or defective receiver/drier or expansion
valve.  If the system were open for any length of time debris and nasty
little crawlie things can have a detrimental effect on the system by
finding their way inside.  That's my best guess anyway.

Al Fista