Re: 164 Questions

In a message dated 7/1/99 12:46:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
Robertone@domain.elided writes:

<< alfa-digest@domain.elided >>

something to take notice of is the timing belt.  When I replaced my timing
belt, I found the belt was off one tooth on one of the cams.  Of course when
I put the new one on, I made sure it was right.  The low end difference and
pull through the lower to mid range was so much better....It was a HUGE
difference.

Why am I telling you this?  Because I notice there are many shops out there
who replace the timing belt without taking off the valve covers.  On the cams
inside the valve covers are where the timing marks are.  To get the "back"
valve cover off, it requires removing the intake system which is quite labor
intensive.  If you don't do this you may be off a tooth or maybe more.

Did you recently have your timing belt replaced?  Who did it? How they do it?

Something to think about!

Regards,

Mark Manzonelli
1991 164S (possibly going to sell.....)