Re V6 cam timing.

Hi all,

Scott Swanberg asked about how to adjust the cam timing on his V6 motor.

In my experience I've never had to adjust the sprocket relative to the
cam, just fit the timing belt correctly.  I'd suggest that Scott's
problem is from an almost correct refitment of the timing belt at some
stage.  Try fitting the timing belt again so that the cam marks line up.

On a similar thread, my 164 was pinging when hot until this morning,
turns out that the rear cam was retarded by one notch relative to the
front cam, where the ignition timing is fixed.  Should have checked that
earlier!!  Thanks to all who came up with suggestions.

Cheers
Stuart