*From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
*Pottree@domain.elided
*Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 9:16 AM
*To: alfa@domain.elided
*Subject: Re: alfa-digest V7 #842
*
*In a message dated 6/29/99 8:03:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
*owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
*
*<< Also, I am interested in tinting my Spider's windows. Having never owned
* a car with tinted windows, I would be interested in knowing if this
* actually does help keep the car cooler. It seems like it should... Also,
* >>
*
*With a soft top soaking up the rays I'm not even sure if this would make a
*difference, but before you take any costly steps, check into the
*legality.  A
*spider has only the windshield and the windows in the doors (do not even
*consider the plastic window in the top!)... here in CA it is
*illegal to tint
*windows forward of the front seat backs.  My Dad did it, got
*caught, and had
*to scrape the stuff off the windows in the front doors of his 4 door car.
*Our 75 has a tinted rear window and the back door windows are
*done; the GTV-6
*has the tinting film on the hatch and the "back seat ha ha"
*windows, but the
*tinting in the glass is all that's allowed for the forward doors and
*windshield.  Bernie or somebody I'm sure knows about TX laws, but
*it's worth
*checking into!
*
*Charlie