re: Air filters non-stock

hi fred, ewe said:
>"Substituting K&N for stock filters is absurd in my thinking.  The engine
>wants cool fresh air from outside the car, not the hot engine room stuff.
>Performance chips without several goodies is a waste of money. Check with
>Dennis Black for his opinion because he is deeply involved in performance
>mods for 164s.  Fred Di Matteo"
=========================
i agree that if ewe install *any* cone filter under the hood of *any* car, it's
best to shroud it so it gets air only from outside the car, & not from the
engine bay.  interesting ewe should mention dennis black - he specifically said
to me that his afm/cone filter mod on the gtwe6/milano is better than stock,
even w/o a shroud: as you're getting 50% more air, it doesn't matter if it's
hotter (according to dennis!).

k&n also makes filters that fit rite in a stock alfa airbox - i have one in my
3.0 's'-cammed, ecu-modified, bmw-afm'd gtwe6.

regards,

doug s.