Re: Replacement seats for 101 Giulietta

Well, it has been done. I used to autocross my '62 Spider a lot, and the
stock seats are little better than a park bench for side support. ;=( I
got some seats from a guy in California who mostly paints cars, but can
get these seats. They are ProCar seats from Scat Enterprises. Scat is in
Southern California, but I don't have their # or address. I had to make
a subframe to mount them to the Giulietta seat tracks, but it wasn't too
hard. The seats have little side curtains that hide the brackets. The
result is a very nice pair of black seats with headrests and side support
for spirited driving. Of course, when I autocross, I pop the headrests
out because they interfere with my helmet. The seats look nice with or
without the headrests. The seats are made in Brazil. The seats were about
$250 last time I checked. The headrest alone on a Recaro will cost you as
much.

Don't bother doing a web search on "scat" if you've just eaten. =:0

Bart Schilt wrote:

>I don't know if I am cursing in the church, but I would
>like to install seats with head rests in my 61 Giulietta
>Spider. I am driving regularly with this car, and besides
>seat-belts, head rests are a simple safety feature that
>prevent the most common injury in case of an accident,
>whiplash.

End of alfa-digest V7 #838