Milano clutch

Hello everyone

I spent the weekend taking the clutch out of my 88 Milano Verde because it
has started to slip in high torque situations.  When I got the clutch unit
apart I found that the friction disk had lots of material on it (not even
close to the rivets) and there didn't seem to be anything horribly wrong
with the surfaces on the hub or pressure plate.  Anybody know why it was
slipping?  Any ideas about where I should go from here?

Thanks

Damien