re: 164 a/c

hi randy, ewe said:
>Went out to start my 164 today...dead battery. After I jumped it I noticed
>that the outside temp. reading on the AC/heater panel read 33 degrees far. (
>0 cent.) even though it was about 95 outside. The big problem though is that
>now the AC will only blow warm (very warm) air. The last time I drove the car
>(last week) the AC seemed fine. (although I didn't notice if the outside
>temp. gauge was messed up.)...any ideas??
============================
on my 164L, the stepper motors finally gave up the ghost, & i was only getting
HOT air into the cabin - wery unpleasant when we were having 95-100 temps here
in maryland!  temporary fix was to open the hood, pull the plastic cover that
protects the a/c, hvac, wipers, etc.  on the passenger side, towards the center
of the car, yule find a cable/arm ass'y - pulling this cable out w/a screwdriver
effectively allowed the a/c into the car instead of the heat.  no temp gage
problems on my car tho...  ewe could czech if it's the temp gage by determining
if ewe can get your a/c compressor to come on, when trying to adjust the
temperature lower...

good luck

doug s.

Randy