164 A/C

> Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:14:44 -0400
> From: "Antonio Riso" <riso@domain.elided>
> Subject: 164 A/C Compressor Questions
>
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any maintainance that can be done to extend the life of the
> A/C compressor?  Is it lubricated by oil that can be changed ?
> Any information on this subject would be appreciated.
>
> Antonio
> 91, 164L

Antonio,

The Sanden compressors are maintenance free, but are prone to failure.
We have had several seize this summer including mine, which had burned
up the coil trying to keep it turning.

I have made a direct bolt on retrofit kit as ARI is backordered on the
compressors.

I put one of these on Sofia, the wonder car, and it works well. Same
capacity as the original, also very attractive price.

There's not much you can do to keep it going other than keep the system
properly charged and have the corrct amount of oil in it when installed.

AlfaBill
- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Order Hotline 800-683-ALFA (2532)
Other inquires/International 813.884.7513
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com