re: 164 a/c

Danny wrote:
> I'm just a little curious if anyone else's A/C in their 164L isn't
> performing very well in the summer heat. I have a red alfa and in
> 95degree
> weather, it was hard to keep my backseat passengers really cool when I
> was
> in Houston this weekend. I had it charged before I left and the lowest
> it
> would get down to was 50deg by a local a/c guy

Danny,
I had a similar problem and found 2 things. The flap that controls
fresh/recirculated air was jamming against the filter. This is easily
spotted by removing the plastic cover under the bonnet that covers all
the air conditioning parts, and observing the flap behinf where the
filter is inserted while someone operates the recirc button. Also the
connection to this flap was reversed on mine. Meaning on recirc I was
getting full outside air! You need recirculated air to get the car really
cold. I reversed this and all was cool again.
Anthony Toy,
Sydney Australia