re: 164 a/c

Danny wrote:

> I'm just a little curious if anyone else's A/C in their 164L isn't
> performing very well in the summer heat. I have a red alfa and in
> 95degree
> weather, it was hard to keep my backseat passengers really cool when I
> was
> in Houston this weekend. I had it charged before I left and the lowest
> it
> would get down to was 50deg by a local a/c guy.

Danny,

Last summer, someone told me to go to the hardware store, buy a roll of
foil-backed duct insulation, take the plastic cover off the a/c parts
next to the window, cut enough of the duct insulation to cover the a/c
parts, cover the a/c parts with the insulation (foil side up), replace
the cover and experience a much colder 164 a/c.  I did and I did.

You'll loose the ability to get much in the way of fresh air and the
cabin will smell of insulation for about 10 to 15 miles.  But, the a/c
is much colder.

Good Luck,

Rodney Tidwell
McComb, MS