Milano clutch

As long as there is a Milano Verde clutch problem on the digest, I'll throw mine
in there, too.  I recently had the clutch out of my '87 to replace the aluminum
housing ( why I had to do that is another story).  I put new bearings into the
replacement housing.  All I actually did to the clutch pack was take off the
input spider, take it out of the old housing, put a little dry lube on the input
shaft, install it in the replacement housing, replace the spider, and put it all
back in the car.  Now it judders badly when taking off in 1st or reverse.  Revs
help, but I'd rether cure the ill than mask the symptom.  Books and advice so
far talk about a contaminated disc (I never had the disc or plates exposed to
anything) and loose mounts (I've checked, everything is tight).  Any other ideas
out there?

Mike in Houston