new brake MC doesn't act new

Hi,

I recently replaced the master cylinder in my 89 spider with a new one from
IAP then bled the four brake cylinders, went smoothly , but when i was done
I noticed the brake pedal stopped higher up when pressed quickly.  When
coming to a stoplight slowly the pedal goes about halfway down, but when I
pull up then down quickly it stops higher.  Classic sign of a leaky MC, no?
I read someone mention "Bleeding the MC" -- what's that about?  won't that
happen if you bleed the brakes, or is there another method?  The brakes work
fine, I just thought I'd get the same pedal distance every time, it's
distracting.  Any help out there?

thanks,
dan hagrman in KC, but missing the convention cause we have to move that
weekend! :-(

End of alfa-digest V7 #819