Radar detector in old spider

Hi all,

	Chris Keen asked about wiring for a radar detector in old spider with the
"different" cigarette lighter.  Before a cross country trip about 15 years
ago in my '73 Spider I faced the same dilemma.  I solved it by buying a
cigarette lighter extension adapter with a 3 foot or so wire from Radio
Shack (I think...), cut off the male plug and then spliced into the wires
going to  the terminals for the cigarette lighter in the console.  I then
ran the cable for the adapter through the console, under the dash and used
plastic electrical ties to attach the female socket to a metal dash support
bracket under the right side of the dash (Under and directly forward of the
right side dash vent).  The radar detector then plugs in there.  If you are
not using the radar detector it is invisible.  It's still there and working
fine after all these years

Bob Johnston

1973 2000 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce (owned since new)
Ann Arbor, Michigan