RE: Spider - traffic overheating

> I'm sorry, but this is counter to my experience with three different
> Spiders ('71, '78, and now '79/'82). The standard cooling system in the
> Spider is perfectly adequate to cope with any kind of traffic I've ever
> been in if it's in good condition. The reasons to go to an electrically
> operated fan are to reduce engine noise at speed and reduce the amount of
> power consumed by the engine driven fan, not to improve the cooling. The

while adequate, it is not ideal.  i'd agree with the previously stated
reasons for converting to an electric fan.  the 'adequate' spider cooling
can be enhanced by increasing airflow when you need it the most, i.e. when
you're sitting in traffic and your motor is turning the mechanical fan at
it's slowest rate.  the extra room in the engine compartment and the bump in
hp are all the more reason to switch over.  don't forget - joe benson said
that replacing the mechanical fan with an electric one is the single most
effective performance mod you can make.

my .01,

bs

End of alfa-digest V7 #814