handy cheater bars

There is a safer, easier, more effective alternative to the double
wrench extension trick Rich Wagner suggests for getting more torque
and leverage on a wrench: bicycle seat posts.  Since my husband is
tall he has had to replace most of the seat posts that came on his
bikes; the old ones have become an indispensible part of our tool box.
 Mountain bike posts are particularly good since they tend to be
longer to begin with; also there are more than enough bikes out there
with fat tubes so that finding a seat post with a large enough i.d. to
slip over even a 19 mm wrench shouldn't be a problem.
Happy cracking,
Megan