speedos, 85vs140 mph - again

Brian Shorey mentioned in an earlier posting (which I neglected to remember
or to quote!) that one should not try to replace an early (PRE-'85, NOT '83
as i had mentioned) 85 mph with a late model 140 mph speedo. i Forgot -
Apologies to Brian. But if that doesn't work, I hold to my original strategy
of using an APH! %-)

My earlier posting:
>>i don't know much about pre-'83 GTV6's, but the later as well as
Milanos/75's have only one kind of pulse counter and one kind of toothed
wheel in the tranny regardless of gear ratio. So, sure, a 140 mph speedo
should work fine in place of an 85 mph speedo IF the two speedos are matched
to one particular gear ratio (choose any one, but only One). You might be
able to tell by the giri/m (revs per distance) label usually found on the
back of the meter but check to see how the gradations on the faces of the
meters match up. So that if 90 deg. of needle sweep on one meter doesn't
match the other, the difference may be accounted for by the rev rating of
the meter (on the label). And if that doesn't work, hit it with the APH.

Personally, I don't care what the meter reads as long as I have a ready-made
excuse for the ossifer when he stops me for going too phast.

APH="All-Purpose Hammer"<<