Re: Cigarette Seals

You can remove cigarette seals with either a screw eye or sheet metal screw
held in vise grips. The trick is to find just the right size screw. Go to
the hardware store with a new seal in hand and choose one that looks a bit
too large for the hole. You want it to grip, but not chew into the Aluminum
or tear the seal to pieces. There may not be room under the car, but a small
slide hammer is the ideal tool.

Getting them IN is a whole different story. I haven't done one in a while.
The tricks I've heard on the Digest are put the new seals in the freezer
overnight, and coat them with Silicone sealant before insertion. If you
freeze them, you don't need the special tool to guide them in. Anything
sticky will keep them from going in, so this is one place Silicone is the
only way to go.