Re: Alfa 6

The armor-plated Alfa 6 you describe was standard issue for top military
and diplomatic personnel in the late 80s/early 90s.  My father was issued
one (and a carabiniere as a driver) when he was stationed in Tirana in
'91-93.  Performance was a bit sluggish compared to the factory Alfa 6 he
still has today.

>>>From: mcosgrove@domain.elided
>>>Subject: Alfa 6
>>>
>>>The  Admiral's official car was a stock looking  Alfa 6, but when you
looked closer,
>>>the glass was about an inch thick, the sheetmetal was armoured, and the
doors had little
>>>round ports in them through which you could shoot at your attacker.
More than
>>>likely, the extra weight caused performance to suffer. Wonder how many
are on the market?