U-Haul

<<<<<
Unless U-haul and Ryder policies vary by location - neither company will
rent a faltbed (car-transport) to you unless you pull it with one of their
rental trucks - I've tried to rent them to pull with my vehicle - they did
about 10 years ago before they got safety conscious.

For what it's worth, I rented a U-Haul "Car Transport" to tow my 74 Spider
from Dallas to Little Rock 3 weeks ago.  I was towing it with a Ford
Explorer, V-6 engine, U-Haul class-3 receiver hitch.

It may be that the policy has changed again, or that they're more lenient if
your towing vehicle is "beefier."  I dunno...

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 155k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles
1974 Spider, on life support, 55k miles
(This space reserved for potential upcoming announcement)