How to adjust Konis on Milano

My Milano has the Koni yellow shocks... while it's a lot of fun, frequent
drives in my new Spider have convinced me that the Milano is an
understeering monster that leans a ton in corners. I guess everything is
relative.

In my completely uneducated mind, it seems that dialing a firmer setting in
the rear might help accomplish both goals - less lean in corners as well as
less understeer. Please note that I already have sport sway bars... I don't
know who makes them, which model, etc. because they were on the car when I
got it.

My question is... how do I adjust the Konis? I seem to remember that they
must be removed from the car and twisted or turned or something. Can anyone
give me some instructions? Is this a driveway job (for a beginner like me)?

I'm worried about safety... but the shocks don't have anything to do with
the springs and torsion bars, right? If I just jack the car up and pull the
wheels, it looks like I should be able to just unbolt the shocks from the
bottom... is that enough?

Anyone?

Thanks,
- -Glenn