re: How to adjust Konis on Milano

hi glenn, you said:
>My Milano has the Koni yellow shocks... while it's a lot of fun, frequent
>drives in my new Spider have convinced me that the Milano is an
>understeering monster that leans a ton in corners. I guess everything is
>relative.
>
>In my completely uneducated mind, it seems that dialing a firmer setting in
>the rear might help accomplish both goals - less lean in corners as well as
>less understeer. Please note that I already have sport sway bars... I don't
>know who makes them, which model, etc. because they were on the car when I
>got it.
=============
understeer?  my stock-suspended werde doesn't have this problem, tho i agree
about the "leans a ton in corners".  yours is bad even w/the aftermarket sway
bars?  i'd measure 'em (diameter) to see yust how they compare w/stock.

normally, shocks don't affect oversteer/understeer wery much, their function is
to control the rebound of the springs/torsion bars.  konis, being able to be
adjusted quite stiffly, mite affect the cars dynamic a bit tho.  however, i'd
try stiffening up the front, not the rear, if your car is understeering.  also,
try running a little more air in the front tires &/or a little less in the
rears.  if it turns out you really *do* have upgraded sway bars, consider going
back to the stock rear bar.  you could also add stiffer (larger diameter)
torsion bars.

as for adjusting the koni's, i have no experience here, my zat-sourced shocks
(on my gtwe6) have a li'l knob at the bottom that allows for 12-way
adjustability...

good luck,

doug