Re: Front end alignment questions

I use my Spider as a daily driver. I have IAP springs, Koni Red shocks,
new bushings and joints throughout with adjustable upper arms. Currently
Michelin XGT4s in 185/70-14 on 6" ('82 stock) alloy rims (probably try
some Bridgestone 195/65s next).

Front suspension settings I'm using are
  Caster: ~2.3 degrees (max setting)
  Camber: 1.0 degrees negative
  Toe in: .03" (.06" total)

I'd mucked around with several different settings until I arrived at this
setup which felt good to me, then I read a suspension article in the ARA
"Overheard Cams" by someone notable as an expert in chassis setup who
listed just about this setup exactly. Article was published somewhere in
the Fall of '97, I think.

Stock camber is often slightly positive to accomodate the crown of the
road, negative camber puts more emphasis on getting maximum tread at the
outside tire when cornering at some expense in uneven tire wear.

I always forget the directional references when I think of caster
adjustments, but I believe most modern cars generally run close to zero
caster with the extreme being Mercedes which run very high caster (up to
11 degrees). I like the higher caster settings as it gives more
resistance to the steering and a little more self-centering effect.

Godfrey