Re: Front end alignment questions

Alan,

Thanks to Alan Lambert, Russ Neely and Brian Shorey for their advice.

I use the car as a daily driver.  I might try autocrossing at some
point though.

The consensus seems to be:
             STREET (FACTORY)              RACE
  Toe in:   .06 inch, each wheel           0
  Castor:   1.5 deg (positive?)            1.5 deg or max negative
  Camber:   0 deg 50' (positive?)          1-1.5 deg negative

I guess I'm confused.  Are the factory setttings for castor and camber
negative or positive?

What are the pros/cons of the two setups?

Also, I plan to have two sets of tires: 165-15 Dunlop SP-20 on stock
4.5" steel wheels and 185/65-15 AVSIs on 6" alloys.  (The two sets may
have slightly (7mm) different offsets.)  I assume that the alignment
is independent of the tires/wheels and can be done just once for both
(?).

Thanks again,

John Basel