Re: Flywheel lockers

You can also make one from a piece of steel bar stock. I don't try to
lock the ring gear to the block. I just use a flat steel bar drilled
to bolt up to the flywheel using the clutch cover bolts. A 2 foot bar
can be used under the car, with the bar against the body to remove
either the flywheel bolts or the crank pulley nut. With the engine
out of the car, you can either get somebody to hold the bar, or stand
on it. It's very simple to make. Even steel angle iron would work. All
it needs is 2 holes.