Re: The old Milano 'Wet Foot'

Kurt,

In addition to what John Katos said,

> The drain is located on the drivers side, it travels forward just to the
> left
> of the HVAC blower motor. Remove the rubber hose and place a container
> below
> the outlet. Take a 12 inch piece of coat hander or a similar length of
> house
> wire (10-14 gauge) and poke it into the hole. Be sure that the container
> can
> hold about a pint (1/2 liter) of water. Be prepared to do this once a
> year or
> you can put a screen on top of the air intake.

I have also had the hose itself get clogged.  To remedy that, I used an
air hose and blew down through the hose.  FYI, the hose snakes around a
bit before exiting in the vicinity of your cars fuel injection computer
under the carpet in the passenger's footwell - so you can't really push
anything rigid through it like you can to unclog the outlet John
described.

After cleaning about three handfuls of leaves out of the fan housing and
putting in a new (used) fan to replace the old squeaky one, I added that
screen John mentioned. A dollar piece of hardware cloth is a worthy
investment.

Rodney
McComb, MS