164S 17" wheels

Hi guys,

       I have some questions about fitting 17" wheels on a 164S.  I would
like to get a set of 17" wheels that have lip "deep dish".  Can this be
done??  I was told by some people that since the 164 is a front wheel
drive car, you will never be able to put a deep dish style wheel on the
car because of the high offset needed.  Does anybody know of a company
that can figure out a way to put a deep dish wheel on the 164 without
mods to the fenders?  I did find a company out in Japan that has a
beautiful three piece star wheel.  It is a 17X8 with a 22 offset and they
claim it will fit with no problem?  Does this sound right to you guys?  I
sure dont want to spend $3500 on wheels that dont fit.  It has about a
2.5" lip.  After calling HRE, Kinesis Motorsport, and Fikse which all
told me they could only do a max. of an 1.0"-1.5" lip on the wheels, I am
getting very confused.  This to me would not look as good as the deep
dish look.  Please let me know what you guys think.  Also, I will be
lowering the car with Eibach springs and running 215/45/17 wheels.

Thanks,

Todd