Re: track tires

I have also heard bad reports about the wear rate of the new Goodrich R1
G-Force tires.  I have gotten absolutely amazing wear out of my previous
generation R1s.  They are now in their 4th season, typically running three to
six track events a year, and turning decent times (usually between mid 1:06
and mid 1:08 at Lime Rock).  Although the wear indicaters still look pretty
deep, they did start to feel a little bit slower than usual at last month's
AROC weekend at Lime Rock, so I think it's time for something new.  I wish I
could by the same tires again, but they are no longer available (except in
some limited sized aimed at certain "vintage" classes).  I haven't decided
what to get yet, but I'd like to hear anyone's experiences with the following:

R1 G-Force - Seems to wear very quickly, requires a lot of negative camber,
and are a little bit pricey.

Hoosier Radials - Seem to be very fast, but I'm not sure about the wear rate
and required camber.  Also a little bit pricey, but they do offer the only
DOT/race 225/45/15, which should work well on a GTV/6 with 15x7 rims.

Kumho - Have heard good things, and they are cheap.

Yoko A032 - Don't seem as fast as any of the above.  Aimed more at peaple who
want to drive their race tires to and from events.  Maybe good in rain.

A008 - Older technology, limited availability.

If anyone runs any of the above, please let us all know what you think!

Oh yeah... My tires are 205/50/15 on 15x7 rims on a street-driven GTV/6.

- -Tarik
'84 GTV/6 3.0 "Christina"
'87 Milano Gold