Re: Jess' Re: milano

>Did the ABS and Brake warning light came on? If so, your pump could not
>build up enough pressure to assist you to brake. Most likely the pump
>is gone or on its way out.

No.  The ABS light comes on after the car sits for hours.  It goes off in a
few seconds, not as quickly as it should, but it has not changed behavior in
two years.  I replaced the accumulator thinking that the system was not
holding pressure.  After replacement and bleeding, the light went out faster,
but gradually came back.  Either the MC is slowly deterioriating, or the
system is getting air/water in it somehow, leading to some compressibility.
Bleeding makes it go away for a while.  It's probably good preventitive
maintenance to bleed the brakes at least once a year anyway.

>Heat Shield the pump resolved 98% of my ABS problem.
>1.9% of time it was caused by rear brake / hand brake adjustment being

Heat is not an issue.  Yesterday when the abs kicked in, the car had sat all
night and was running a total of about 2 minutes.  Hand brake adjustment is
possible.  I have not adjusted it in more than a year.  I think the most
likely culprets are either bad electrical connections or a wheel sensor.

>As for ABS warning came on while moving slowly.
As I mentioned, the ABS warning light does not come on under these
conditions.  It comes on after start-up and goes right out, as it should.

>On the drive shaft issue, to the person who's complaining about little
>vibration at idle. I spent hundreds and perhaps thousand $$ to remove
I've never had any driveshaft vibration issues, knock wood.  I used to have a
vibration between 75-80mph, but it appeared to be a bad wheel. It's fine now.
Have you checked your rear engine mount?

bob brady, dvaroc
yardley, pa

PS.

Thanks for all the sunroof tips.... I'll put it on the list!