Re: sunroof & ABS & driveshaft black magic

O.K.,

Here goes. Since so many of the Milano owners on the list are having problems
with their sunroofs, I volunteer to take digital photos of the various
internal parts of my spare roof from my parted 88 Gold. It will take me
around a week to get hold of the camera and I am in the middle of the final
disassembly of a 69 GTV, so let's make it two weeks which gives me time to
toss together a web page on my AOL account.

As far as the park position of the sunroof goes I am guessing that the design
is similar to my Audi 5000 unit. The motor/gearing has to be coordinated with
the sunroof position in a specific order, otherwise the roof will park the
same as ours. However VW/Audi provides a reference mark on the gear set, PLUS
instructions in the shop manual.

John Katos

87 Platinum
others

p.s. I will make no comments on the driveshaft discussion except to say that
if it is true that the final balance is done by different weighted fasteners
my respect for Alfa engineering is seriously shaken. "Half-ass" comes to mind.