sunroof & ABS & driveshaft black magic

We're up to 7 members for PITARSC.
Sunroof -
Willo wrote:
"wouldn't it make sense to start with a technical description or workshop
manual? One of the reasons I bought the Milano/75 CarDisk was because of my
interest in sunroof problems but I can't find any reference except in the
wiring
diagram. Anyone got drawings or manual?"
I've sent mail to Meritor Corporation which now owns the part of Rockwell
that made our sunroof mechanisms and was divested from Rockwell, asking for
any technical info they might share.
I'm going to check my Cardisc tonight to see if there's anything on the
sunroof, but I usually get better results figuring it out between my buddies
and myself.

ABS -
I've had 2 types of prob with my ABS, both idiot lights coming on, meaning a
Serious Problem - fixed by things like getting the right gap from the sensor
to the toothed wheel at all 4 wheels, making sure there are good connections
in the circuit for the low pad warning (no low pad sensors on my current
brake pads) and making sure there's enough fluid in the reservoir.  Second
ABS problem was too-frequent cycling of the pump - cured by replacing the
pressure accumulator (a.k.a. "the bomb", Natasha) I don't mind dealing with
these types of issues when they're related to basic stuff but am hoping that
I don't have to try solving any funky electronic weirdouts.

p.s.: Noticed that the big connector on the side of my ABS master has "Ford"
molded into it! Remember hearing somewhere that Ford used same ABS on
Lincolns or Thunderturds or the like.

Driveshafts-
Now there's a subject surrounded by black magic, spells and misinformation,
if there ever was one!! I've been through the assembly a couple of times and
have visited the local driveshaft balancing shop. BTW, International Auto
has some supposedly "technical" drivel posted on its site about driveshaft
balancing and it's pure B.S.. The issue is a lot simpler than it has been
made out to be. The driveshaft sections, minus the rubber giuntos, are
balanced at the factory and REMAIN balanced for life (more or less,
considering a little rust). It is the rubber doo-hickeys that are NOT
balanced. Therefore, when changing rubber things, washers under the nuts and
bolts can be moved around to bring new rubber things back into balance and
general harmony. In the absence of balancing equipment, we all follow the
safe path and put each fastener back where it came from. It remains *Very
Important* to keep the two sections of driveshaft in the same relationship
to one another, to the engine output coupling and to the transaxle input
yoke/spider. So, when you get new rubber things delivered, take your
driveshaft to the local balancing act where they will balance the shafts and
yokes separately from each rubber thing and it will be relatively expensive
to do this (~$150) but the procedure is thorough and will be absolutely
vibration-free. I almost forgot to mention that the balancing shop may
require a special fixture to adapt the rubber thingies to their spinning
machine.

Jean Denis
'89 Milano Verde (reborn)
'93 Acura Legend (trade for '93 or later 164 - seriously)
'74 Datsun Z (mythical goodness)
'80 Raleigh Super Course (original tires & paint)