Re: alfa-digest V7 #763

In a message dated 5/28/99 1:40:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Want to BUY:

 Anyone parting a Milano?

 Back at home, the interior driver's door pull on my BW's cherished 87 Milano
 gold is just about at the end of the line.  As is common, the plastic at the
 top attaching point breaks away from the screw holding it to the door.  My
 fix has been with washers and pieces of trimmed sheet metal, but there's
less
 and less there to repair... >>

Addendum:

WE just enjoyed a holiday, which gave me a chance to look into this and
discover the front and rear interior door pulls on the 75 (Milano) are the
same (there are slight differences between the set for the driver's and
passenger's side, though).  Since the rear doors are nearly never used in my
BW's car, the driver's side rear door pull was in perfect shape, so I just
swapped it to the driver's door and used the oversized washer trick when
putting moving the front (broken) pull to the rear door.  This little fix
(parts: US ten cents) should be good for at least another 12 years of use.

However, still looking for the inside door panel, driver's side, Gold model
(gray fabric), near-perfect shape (no crunched arm bolster).

For those who made it, we had a great Time Trial at Willow Springs this past
weekend, perfect weather, and even had several Northern CA Digesti down for
the event!  Next event is at Buttonwillow over the July 4 weekend and is
selling out FAST!  Make your plans now.

Charlie

LA, CA, USA
84 GTV-6