Re: Binnacle Dash - lights out!

>Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 22:50:27 -0400
>I recently noticed that on my 74 spider's dash, one of the binaccles night
>lights went out.  How difficult is it to change the back light so that I can
>see my speedo in the night???

Pretty easy, although occasionally a bit fussy to do. The front part of
the binnacle comes off with the single bolt at the bottom. Then two
Philips head bolts retain the speedometer (there's a ground wire on one
of them, don't forget to replace it). Once you have them out, the
instrument is loose ... pull it out carefully, reach behind and undo the
speedo cable. Undo the trip-odometer reset cable too. The gauge will now
pull out of the binnacle and you can pull the lamp sockets and bulbs out.

Be sure to replace both bulbs with the correct wattage.

Godfrey