Springs for sale

     I have a pair of front springs for a 115 car.  I believe they are
     Centerline springs, although someone told me they are the same as Ward
     & Deane (I don't know if Centerline copied W&D's design, or buys them
     from W&D, or what).

     The springs have the following parameters:

     - yellow plastic coating
     - free length 9"
     - 7 turns
     - wire diameter is 20 mm
     - someone wrote in black Magic Marker "PS 410" on one of them.  This
     is in the Centerline catalog ('94 edition) with a price of $98.

     Wire diameter of a stock spring is 17.3 mm or so from a recent
     posting...the ratio of (20/17.3)^4 is about 1.8, so the spring should
     be about 80% stiffer than stock based on wire thickness alone.  But
     the free length is significantly shorter (they fit loosely in between
     the spring pans with the weight off the wheels and bolts slightly
     loosened), so probably they are even more than 80% stiffer than stock.

     I can state that these springs are really stiff.  I briefly used them
     in place of the Shankle Supersports I had in, and they overwhelmed my
     Sachs gas shocks.  They also lowered the car enough that I had
     problems with scraping speedbumps.  I recommend them only if you have
     Konis on full hard.

     Does anyone want them for $50?  (I prefer local, Southern Cal.  I go
     to most AROSC events, best would be to meet there.  I will mail them
     to someone who wants them bad enough to add postage cost)

     Doug Bender