Bosch quality

 I have never had any
> problems
> with Bosch parts in any of my Mercedes that wasn't directly attributed to
> abuse, high mileage, or neglect.  Perhaps Bosch has different qualities
> they
> manufacture according to the manufacturers specs?  Or maybe its the way
> the
> car manufacturer designs the components into the system.

I thought I'd pass along something I was told by the Service Manager at the local San Francisco
area dealer 2 years ago when my 164LS wiper arm assembly fell apart (under warranty). He said
the only Bosch parts that fail are the ones that are not made in Germany. (I think the wiper
assy was from Spain). I believe there are also some Bosch-France components on the car. Biased
opinion or not, he probably has more experience with replacing Bosch parts in Alfas than most of
us combined.

On another note..I enjoyed the postings by the Mille Miglia attendees. I was honored to be in
Italy last year (completely by accident) during the 50th Anniversary of Ferrari. They were
having a slow cross-country event with a parade in a new city every day. I saw it three times,
as they seemed to follow us from Rome northward (following my rental Automatic Opel Omega.
Yeeee-hah! A GM is a GM is a GM). Beautiful selection of cars dating back to 1949 being driven
on the road and in the rain. Included cars with Japanese and New York license plates. Shoulda
seen the cheering and admiring looks by the fine people of Italy during that week...

Karl