Re: 164 L v S, can you imagine? AD #749

C M Smith wrote:

> ...What's really satisfying is the downshift into second at 50 mph
> with legs left to take you out of the corner accelerating hard into
> the next one, or a shift from third to fourth as you are already well
> above our Mickey Mouse speed limits and on your way past 130 mph,
> still accelerating hard...

Replace 50 mph in the above w/63 mph (YSMV)!  That's what I "loveloce"
about my `83 GTV6. Ah,  music to my ears, message to my bum...IMHO you
can't get that thrill with any 164 I've been in.

G@d knows, I still love my wife, even though she doesn't really get
it. I shouldn't complain, since she claims to own twice as many Alfas
as I do. To each his/her own, that's what makes life interesting. This
is starting to sound like "which Alfa Romeo is the best Alfa Romeo"
thread. I hadn't found an Alfa I'd kick outa the garage yet! But then
I've never been in a Sud.

Ciao,
`nardo
One owner `83 GTV6 w/ 359,000 miles
One owner `91 164S - SO's passion #2
? owner `69 GTV (sleeping) - SO's passion #1
b:d+z
Alpine, Brewster County, Texas USA
   Animated global position (~2:30 load @ 28.8):
        http://www.alpinetexas.com/map_zoom.html