Re Bosch or Boche? V7 #749

Bosch parts are made in various factories around the world, see your dealer
for details.

 The success of Japanese manufacturers in achieving high levels of quality
in their North American plants proves that good high quality workers are
everywhere, good managers skilled in motivating those workers to observe
high quality standards are somewhat harder to find.

 The moral of the story is that Bosch is no more German than GM is
American. Multinational Corporations sell what they think they can get away
with selling...anywhere. Alfas are as good as A.L.F.A a division of F.I.A.T
is prepared to make them. That's why they don't sell in North America.
That's why one British contributor to this Digest quite justifiably panned
the company's efforts in one of their most loyal markets, the UK.

All Alfisti know how good the cars are...after we have carefully and
lovingly finished fixing the errors made by the manufacturer. The 164 was
their best effort, quality wise, by a long way, and it still isn't good
enough. Maybe the Italian Government should stop subsidizing their auto
industry. It worked for Britain, and for the US.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner