Help!75TS problem

Hi, hoping that somebody out there can help me.
I have recently put a twin spark engine from a 75 into a 116 GTV. When I
connected up all the electrics today I could not get the fuel pumps to
work. After some investigation I found that the relay was not firing
because the earth was not not connecting. The earth appears to run from
pin 20 of the ECU. I really hope that the computer is OK and that there is
some signal missing or something I forgot. When the computer is plugged in
and the ignition turned on the idle solenoid thing on the plenum chambner
does activate, so the computer is doing something.
Anyway, hope someone has had this problem before and solved it with
relative ease!
Thanks
Rob