Re: Electric fuel pressure gauge

On May 25, 12:02am, Howard K. Warren wrote:

> I am looking for an ELECTRIC fuel pressure sensor and gauge to mount in my
> GTV-6.  I would like to mount the sensor upstream of the fuel filter, and
> the gauge in place of the GTV-6's clock.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?  Sources?  Phone numbers?

Autometer sells an electric fuel pressure gauge, in several styles I believe.
 I have a 2 1/16 inch model, mounted in an A pillar gauge pillar (in my
non-Alfa).  I cannot comment on how it works yet because I have still to
perform the final hookup to the fuel system.  However, I can say that the
installation is much easier than for the mechanical gauge and isolator
(required to avoid pressurized fuel being present in the cabin) which I had
previously.  I was never able to properly bleed all the air out of that system,
although the gauge did appear to work up to at least 60 psi or so.  The car I
have the gauge in is supercharged, and has an FMU to raise fuel pressure up to
around 85 psi under boost, in case anyone was wondering.

I have heard from a small number of others who have installed this gauge and
seem to like it.  It is not inexpensive, but IMHO worth the extra money to
avoid the installation hassles.  You will need to find room for a small plastic
box housing the circuitry, but this should not be too difficult.  It even fits
behing a trim panel on my car.  I bought mine from Summit Racing, for somewhere
around $180 I think.  For more $$$ you can even get one with a replay feature
to display the highest recorded pressure, great for drag racing a blown car but
perhaps not so useful to most readers of this digest.

Relevant URLs:

http://www.autometer.com/
http://www.summitracing.com/

Hope this helps.  Usual disclaimers, no affiliations, etc.

Dave J.
1982 GTV-6

- --