Re: Milano Control Panel

"Joe Cabibbo" <joe_cabibbo@domain.elided> writes:
>                                           8:00 AM             5/24/99
>
> >>ii) Idiot Lights.  The lights on the "Alfa Control" on the Milanos =
> >>are notorious for falsing, meaning, you can't trust 'em.
>
> I have heard so many reports of this but in my experience keeping all =
> grounds and contacts clean has kept these working fine. Whenever these =
> have gone off on my car, they did mean something. The one exception is if =
> the battery charge is low - then I get erroneous warnings.

I agree. I've had no false warnings in my Milano for quite a while. I did
have the oil level sensor go bad and also a short in one of the pad sensors,
but you could consider those failures (of the sensor). Besides that, the
warning lights have indicated a real condition.
- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6        '87 Milano Gold         '94 164LS Auto
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164