Bosch bash

Hi!
    IMH(?)O almost everything German made is at least a bit overrated
    & overpriced, in my work as well as automobile life, Bosch electronics
    certainly being a good example.  my first experience was many years
    ago when the '74 spider turn signals quit working. a 'friend' selling
    parts gave me a 'good' deal on the Bosch box for 'only' 50 something $,
    which worked no better than the orriginal & was of course not returnable.
    an artical in ALFA owner showed how to use a US 3$ variety flasher which
    has worked ever since.  i've found Bosch products to be no more reliable tha    n Lucas, probably less reliable than American or Japanese electric units,
    but a lot more hyped & costly, like German cars.  thankfully, motronic FI
    seems to be better than most Bosch products.
    those 164 stepper motors are so hard to get to that to not replace the thing    s but just reposition the gears would not be very time effective!
jak     '74 spdr  '91 164L  chevy  toyota  piper  trek  rollerblade