FRAUD on the digest

A word of warning to anyone considering purchasing anything from anyone off
the digest. DO NOT DO IT! and especially if you're talking internationally
like me!

I have been after an inlet manifold off a US spider with Bosch injection
(the same as what I have on my '71 GTV) and got into a discussion with a guy
by the name of ZACK JOHNSON of Austin, Texas who told me he had one lying
around. Great, or so I thought.

We struck a deal for the system and I sent off my cheque for US$150.00
expecting an inlet system to follow shortly thereafter. I waited three
months until I conceded that I had been ripped off.

I continually emailed the guy and he makes up every excuse under the sun as
to why he can't send the manifold to me - he's too broke to send the stuff
over here, his mother just got divorced, the cheapest freight costs
US$163.00, etc, etc. I asked him to just send the cheque back to me, but he
can't do that either....

So, the moral of this story is very simple: BE VERY CAREFUL about who you
deal with over the net and definitely DO NOT DEAL WITH:

ZACK JOHNSON
Village Oaks Apartments
10926 Jollyville Rd  #1303
Austin, Texas 78759
USA

email: Spinya@domain.elided

Zack drives a white '71 Spider which he tells me he has turbo-charged. I
hope he's done this to me out of plain stupidity rather than some inherent
criminal streak, after all, he is just a kid at 21. He does, however, need
to learn a lesson here, which is why I posted this message.

Feeling ripped off and let down.

Nick Tangney
Australia

'71 GTV Turbo 2.0