Re: alfa-digest V7 #702 - 41 mm socket

In a message dated 5/10/99 4:57:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:05:54 -0700
 From: Thomas Washburn <thomasw@domain.elided>
 Subject: Re: GTV6 Clutch Woes

 "Rich Wagner" <drsavage@domain.elided> wrote:

 > The nut on the crankshaft is huge: 42 mm.  You probably won't be able to
 > find one that size except through a traveling tool guy.  A 1 5/8" socket
 > also fits well.  You can find one of those at your local tool store.  You
 > will most likely find it in only 3/4" drive.

 I believe it's a 41mm.  Snap-On only makes one in 1" drive.  I know USAG
 makes a 3/4" drive 41mm -- does anybody know of a U.S. USAG distributor?
 I tried Griot's, but they can't seem to get one.

 Everybody (including myself) uses the 1 5/8", but it is a little loose.
 It'd be nice to have a 41mm.

 - - Tom
 thomasw@domain.elided

	The 41 mm in my tool box is 3/4 drive and shows a brand name of
TrueCraft.  I got it at the local discount tool store.  It still has the
price tag of $13.95.  I bought it to use on the crankshaft nut  when I
overhauled my Milano
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City