Race Camshafts for 1600 101 engine

Dear All,

Having returned from the Alfa Historic race at Spa last weekend, and finding
my Giulia SS 'well off the pace', I took a trip up to the local rolling
road. It was the first real opportunityto test the engine since I rolled the
car last year. The result was that we found that the engine was putting out
about 150BHP at the flywheel, not a terrible figure by any means but well
short of the 160BHP+ that a well-built, blueprinted engine should be capable
of. In addition the power band seems to have shrunk to 4,500-6,500rpm. We've
played about with jetting and advance but to no avail. Initially, when I
bought the car it was running 48deg. of advance, but this seemed excessive.
I therefore have 2 questions for the Digest and hope someone has some good
advice:

1) Can anyone recommend some good, high-performance camshafts for a race
1600 engine. The current ones I have seem to be a bit 'too wild' for the
car. They are a mystery apart from the letters FQ on them.

The head has about a 10.8:1 CR.

2) Anyone have some good ideas for jetting on a pair of 40DCOEs, as a
starting point. The stock settings don't work for my engine.
Would 45DCOEs be better for a 150BHP+ engine...?

I realise this is 'top secret' info, but any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
- --

James Wiseman
Editor, 'Giuliettaletta'