Bent pointers, SPICA tool

Greetings,
A few weeks ago I posted regarding bent GTV6 tach/speedo pointers and
received many helpful suggestions.  One of the things I tried was a lighter
flame to heat the plastic.  When held at a safe distance it had no effect;
I'll swear the flame wasn't that close the second time, but by the time I'd
realised the pointer had caught fire it was reduced to curly brown ashes.
So I settled on the balsa wood replacement approach.  It took a while but
was well worth it.  The new pointers are longer than the old, easier to
read accurately and look great.  Also I swapped tach and speedo so the tach
has centre position, which somehow feels like the right place for it.

Calibrating the tach was easy since there are 3 pulses per revolution but
the speedo is trickier.  I read that the sender puts out 4 or 6 pulses per
shaft revolution but don't know how to relate this to mph.  Can anyone tell
me the relationship between pulse frequency and indicated speed?

Re the SPICA cold start solenoid, I once borrowed a friend's tool that he'd
made by bending a thin (<0.2") 24mm wrench.  It worked very well.  I'm
still looking for a similar wrench to make my own..

                                Jake