RE:Spica cold start nut

Bob,
I too had the ultimate tight nut on the CSS.  And my pump is newly
rebuilt by Wes Ingram (who ensures all fittings are properly tightened -
Wes knows what he's doing!).  Here's what I did:  I measured the
clearance needed to fit a wrench, went down to my local discount tool
outlet that has at least a dozen different types of crows feet and found
a 24mm one that was thin enough to fit under there (for about $4).  Then
I got my trusty Proto breaker bar (!) on top of a really long extension
from the crows foot up to above the engine - (so the breaker bar would
clear the engine as I turned it) - the extension just plugs into the
crows foot, and the breaker bar plugs into the extension.

Have at it, it'll pop loose with use of the breaker bar easy as you'd
never believe!  Seems the surfaces are so flat, with no washer,  there's
a lot of sticktion with the nut.  I tightened the nut back down the same
way.  Note, with engine running to test the CSS and the nut loose, some
oil will leak past, which stops leaking of course when tightned down
properly.  Re-test after tightening down.  Most towns have at least one
cheapo discount tool outlet with a bizzilion "no-name" tools that will
have exactly the right tool to work on Alfa's!!!  Good luck!  Karl